Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New Table, New Quilt

This is my new cutting/ironing/whatever table that my husband built for me.  It has a shallow shelf underneath to hold ironing boards and rulers. It is great, but I am still in the process of moving into my "new" studio space (my son's old bedroom). It is nice to be able to go through all my stuff and weed out some things and at the same time put like-things together. Its coming together, slowly.

I just finished quilting and binding this new quilt. I used Malva Dubrawsky's fabric line and some of my own hand dyed fabrics. I think it came out great, if I do say so myself. I was trying to practice piecing curves and just being a bit improvisational. I quilted free motion big circles and some semi straight lines around the circles. I am not a perfectionist when it comes to quilting, but I do like a lot of quilting. It will fit over a queen size bed which is what we have.  Now to throw it in the wash!



No comments:

Post a Comment