Sunday, April 13, 2014

Student Quilts



It's that time of year again when our school is getting ready for a big fun raiser and part of that is creating some student art for art quilts that are auctioned off. This is quilt from my class, second grade. 

The kids all made a cupcake on paper, I traced it onto wonder under backed fabric and then they colored their picture with crayons onto the fabric. After that I cut out the pictures and fuse them onto a background, free motion stitch all over the whole thing and create something cute and pretty that somebody might want to bid on. 

This one has major "cute" factor (IMHO) and hopefully someone will buy it!
I finished 2 and have 10 more to make this week while I am on vacation. More pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. So much work is going in to these auction quilts! They look great. How big are they?

    ReplyDelete