Sunday, April 20, 2014

Student Quilts Completed (accept for labels)



k/1st grade

  2nd grade

  3rd grade

  kindergarten

  kindergarten

  kindergarten

  kindergarten

2nd grade

  2nd grade
There's actually two more!!! Wow, this took a lot of time this past week to complete all these. The student's made the pictures on paper, then they were transferred to fabric, then the kids colored their pictures with crayons. I took the pictures and fused them onto some of my hand-dyed fabrics as a background.  Let's hope the sell big $$$ !!!

9 comments:

  1. I love these they are absolutely gorgeous! Do you have a tutorial on how you get them from paper to fabric and the background fabric too? I am a teacher and we make a class quilt using crayon but it fades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somewhere on this blog I do show how I do it. You are right the crayon isn't super vibrant, but the hand dyed fabric that I fuse their pictures to is really vibrant! I think that helps to make them kind of dynamic as opposed to just using a crayon picture with white background.

      Delete
    2. I also "touch up" the crayon at home with a little more crayon if they haven't applied the color very intensely.

      Delete
  2. I like the owl one and that amoeba one the most but they are all great as usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. By amoba you must mean Serrania Suns, right? Two of them sold right away! Before they were displayed at Open House! Which means I had to make two more. But thats it! and I am not kidding....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you shared your link with me!! I love your quilts and will look into this method! Val;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about using Polysol on paper and then ironing the children's pictures onto polyester fabric? except for when a child wanted to use lettering (which would transfer in reverse) that would make the work last better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I would want to do this?

      Delete