Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Finally some fabric work!


 I've been using my hand carved stamps on fabric.  I used dyna-flow fabric paint on some muslin and then free motion quilted around the shapes.  I was mostly experimenting, trying to see how the stamps looked on fabric and I think it looks pretty good. I used a rubber carving plate to put the paint on and used that as a stamp pad. Now to figure out what to do with it. I am making a "springy" pillow cover out of this experiment.
 I really love mandalas, so I folded a piece of deli paper into eighths to sort of guide me and then began stamping layers, building out from the center. I love it! If I could do this onto fabric, how cool a quilt would that be? Yowser, it could be the Baltimore Album Quilt that I never ever would ever make in a million years but would like to own, if you know what I mean....hmmm.   I'll have to think about this a little more.
I've continue to paint/draw faces daily. Meet "banana dreads", named by my husband, cracking me up, as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Your mandala is fantastic! Yes go for the whole deal! Your spring pillow is great too, the mandala would look just as good on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete