Saturday, April 16, 2016

New Shawl

This is a ombre shawl kit from Purl Soho. It is truly exquisite. It is a wool/cashmere blend yarn and the kit costs $400! Ouch! I am sure it is totally worth it, but it would be hard for me to justify spending that much money for a shawl.
 This is the shawl, its rather simple, just a big seed stitch rectangle.

 So I bought some plain white dk weight superwash wool from Knitpicks and dyed my own with food coloring. I experimented for awhile until I had the approximately correct ombre. It looks a little pinker in the picture from the original kit but in actuality it is much closer to the Purl Soho color. I am so happy with it. Cost? about $70! That's for yarn and food coloring for dye.
It's so pretty, so much wooly yummyness.
I'm knitting another shawl now, part of the Dragonfly MKAL on Ravelry to celebrate the second season of Outlander of which I am a super fan. Clue 2 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment