Friday, June 20, 2014

Pod Alert!

 I worked on this page a long time today. Another one influenced by my class with Stephanie Corfee.

 My favorite pod is the bottom right side. Go to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday blog http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/#  to see many more creative people.
 Can you say gelli deli paper? Yesterday and the day before I made about 250 sheets on my giant gelli plate (the big one). You are not kidding when you start gelli printing, YOU CANNOT STOP. In an effort to be efficient I printed in colorways: blues, reds, purples, greens, yellow/gold/browns, etc. 
There was some overlap of course but I wound up with a huge stack of collage ready material.
 And here I am collaging some of that gelli paper on to a 12" x 12" canvas.
 I find it easier to make a colorful background with collage than with acrylic paint, although I did use some paint on top of my collages as well.
Some samples of the gelli deli papers. SO. MUCH. FUN. TO. PRINT.
I will post some art with the collaged papers soon.
All week I have wanted to get my sewing machine out, but I can't stop painting and printing! Next week, for sure! I really mean it.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! your page is amazing. I love those vibrant colours and flowers. I haven't got a gelli plate but you've sure made me want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love your journal pages! Colors and perspective are fantastic. Are you going to quilt those? You should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate my designs into quilting. I am still working on it!

      Delete
  3. oh it's so brilliant! LeeAnna Paylor lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages! No favorites for me, I love all of your pods! I'm inspired to practice my doodling and add it more to my art. I also love your idea to colorize the gelli prints. Thanks for the inspiration. Love your blog! Here's a link to mine:
    http://kathyadamsmixedupart.blogspot.com/2014/06/gardening-journal.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages! I don't have a favorite pod, I like all of them! I also like your idea of colorizing your gelli prints. Will have to try that! Love your blog. Here is a link to mine. http://kathyadamsmixedupart.blogspot.com/2014/06/gardening-journal.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pods! Doodling/drawing is one of my favorite things to do. I haven't tried a Gelli Plate - but it sure looks like fun! You have tons of papers!!!!

    ReplyDelete