Monday, June 23, 2014

Coffee Outside

I forgot to tell you what this became. It was a pillow I made for my son's girlfriend. They are part of a group that goes for bike rides and has "coffee outside". They make the coffee wherever they ride. So for her birthday I made her a coffee outside pillow. I forgot to take a picture of the completed project! It came out really cute. I printed all the fabric with stencils and I forget the sprays and paints.
 Opaque water colors! While I was painting I was thinking wow these paints are really pigmented and then I researched my order from dickblick's and realized they were opaque! I love how they cover. This is called Two Suns.
Two Suns, detail
Here is a piece made with the gelli deli paper background collage papers on a 12" x 12" canvas.
Again, Stephanie Corfee's (http://stephaniecorfee.com/) class called "Layers of Color" has highly influenced my style for the moment. I have always been a manic doodler and she is a master of this, but now I am kind of trying to harness it and am still on a quest to develop my own style. 
It reminds me of a certain kind of folk art.
Now to clean up and start sewing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment