Friday, July 12, 2013


 Something new I've been working on. I did the quilt but thought it was too plain and boring. So I added some appliques that sort of swirl in a circle in the middle, using my hand dyed fabric. I got the pattern from a note card that I have had for a long time.
It's a good thing I brought my document reader home from school for the summer, it is very handy for resizing designs. The card was about 4 inches tall, these pieces are about 30 inches long.

 There is not a lot of contrast between the appliques and the background but I am thing of highlighting them more with thread. We'll see.  I used free motion EKG embroidery that I saw on  That is a wonderful site that is loaded with information. Thank you very much!
Sanbar is Indian soup. That's the name of this quilt as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment