Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just To Finish Up Dyeing

These are all the sheets of plastic pulled back and the fabric removed.  I just pull each plastic layer back and pull out the fabric until all of it has been removed.  Later I will wash the plastic in an outdoor sink that I have in the backyard.  I will hang them up to dry on a clothesline.


 Here are the fabrics waiting to be washed.  I have rinsed them very briefly in a bucket of water outside.


Here is something I've been working on this week. I used some hand dyes and some commercial fabrics to piece this top.I am using it as background to paint with neocolor watercolor crayons.

Because it is time to celebrate summer berries!





It may need a little more paint, a few touch ups here and there, but it is almost finished.  You outline your design with black quilting, then you color inside the lines with the watercolor crayons, and brush over it with gel medium, in this case matt medium.  It blends the crayons so they look like water colors and makes it a more permanent finish. It is also semi transparent so you can see the printed fabrics underneath.


This was a little experiment and an attempt to use up some of my vast fabric collection, but I barely made a dent in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment