Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pick-up Posse In the House


 I made this for our clean campus campaign at school. Each class has an area of the school to clean and they may receive the "Pick-up Posse" banner to keep in their classroom for the week.  To make it more festive and exciting for the kids I added a bunch of random ribbons hanging down.  Thank goodness for letter stamps and already fused fabric scraps! They saved a lot of time for me.
And I can't stop with the bees already. Enough!!

This is a sneak peek of a project that is being made for part of the Quilting Arts Digest Challenge for Dia de Los Muertos.  It is all wool felt, some of felted on with the embellisher, and other parts sewn on with black thread. Since the picture was taken I have added a bouquet between the skeletons that they are holding together with their hands(?)/bones. When its finished I'll post the whole thing.

1 comment: