This quilt is the result of participating in a block exchange with people that live all around the world. Each person got to request what kind of block they wanted and I chose improvisational houses. So here they came over a period of a few months and I thought, "How can I make this more interesting and more cohesive?" First, I dip dyed all the blocks in lime green dye along with some of my own printed fabric. After it was pieced together I started fusing little fences on the "streets". Then I started stamping fabric paint flower shapes here and there. Next I used inks to add shading on the houses.
Since I had recently bought my new sewing machine I decided to quilt the houses using every decorative stitch I could use. I quilted all over the whole project. It was very freeing to make this. I didn't care that much, so I just tried anything and went for it. I really like how it turned out. I never even added a binding. I just zigzagged a couple of times around the edge and that was it!
Someone made me a lollipop tree, so I added some more.
This was so much fun!